Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Quilt for my 10 year old

I love making quilts and mostly for my kids! I think by the time they are old enough to venture off on their own they will have a nice stock pile of quilts. They wont all be big, mostly lap quilts but if they have something cozy to cuddle up under when they are no longer in the comforts of their parents home, that will make my mommy heart more content. This quilt I've been working on for about a year and finished it literally the day of Colby's party. I unfortunately got pneumonia so it was a push to get it finished. I have since only managed to get one quilt made from start to finish. I just haven't had it in me. I will post pics of that one after Christmas since it's a gift for someone.
 This is the back of Colby's John Deere's.
This is the front. This is one of my favorite patterns to do! It is a quilt as you go and I love that part cause once your done, your done! I let Colby pick which direction he wanted his log cabins to flow since you can literally place these blocks in so many combinations to make up so many amazing and beautiful designs. He favored the diagonal look which turned out amazing. I wanted it a row longer, but being as this is a quilt I didn't buy any fabric for and used what was on hand, I wasn't about to go hunt down more fabric just to extend it. I'm sure there will be another quilt for him as he grows that I'll want to make.

No comments: