Monday, May 25, 2009

Fun with BAZ (Grandma, my mom)....

Well, there aren't that many oictures from our time with my mom, but here are the few we did manage to get. I do have to say we had such a great visit with her that I simply didn't think to pick up the camera much at all. I can't wait for her next visit and for her to move here. She is thinking in the next year or 2 hopefully.
Madi was funny about my mom. She asks Rodney and I about her grandmas, often and she was very excited to see one of them. When we picked her up at the airport, all Madi could do was stare at her and smile. It was like she was just admiring that she was real, and actually here with us.
Of coarse, Colby was just so darn happy to have his Baz to hug on and vise versa.
We finally had a bit of sunny weather and Marlin Faust came and tilled us up a 10x10 plot for our first garden that was inspired by my mom. She bought us all the plants and seed, her and I sank in some posts, wrapped some chicken wire around and planted away. It was fun and I look forward to the growth and fruit anf veggies it will produce for our family. I hope we do it well so we can do it many years to come.
One of our projects as a family was to make a scare crow for our garden, so I give you Stanley our scare crow. Colby was funny cause when we were finished with him, he ran away pretending to be scared since his last name is Crow. He's got such a great sense of humor, wonder where he gets it!!!???
Rodney was excited for this because it was the part he had a chance to actually participate. I don't have pictures, but a few days after these, he actually participated more in helping me plant the corn and pumpkin seeds after the ground dried out more. Also, he wrapped our sprinkler hoses around the posts and tied them on to make our own little irrigation system. It's kind of funny (good idea but funny) because it looks so not the way it should be, but my goodness it works great.
We all came in and played many rounds of UNO. I never won a hand......bummer!



After church, we headed to the airport all together to drop off Baz. We were all sad to see her go and when we came home Daisy just looked at her bed and sagged her head with a sad look. My mom let her climb up on the air matress and lay with her which we NEVER let her on couches or beds, so yeah my mom even spoils the dog! We miss ya BAZ/MOM!!!!

No comments: