Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkin fun

Yesterday after Autumn's birthday dinner, cake and presents we had a carving good time. While Rodney cut the top off all the big kid's pumpkins (our nieces too) I carved a little pumpkin with Madi before I endeavoured on Colby's and then mine. She had fun, but didn't want to touch the guts on the inside to get them out. After she was done, I joined the gang of kids and Rodney on the kitchen floor in the "gutting zone". Before I had got a chance to go sit with them, I over heard Colby getting teased about how he wouldn't touch the insides as well. Seriously? The kid will kill and pick up a spider for his mom but he won't touch the insides of a pumpkin?! On with the story..... I sat down picked up a hand full and wiped it on his cheek and arm (he had on his under tank). Yeah, score for mom, she got Colby all gross and gooey. Then I turn to Rodney as all the kids are laughing and proceed to tell him how I felt safe because he wont pick up the stuff to get me back. Just as I finish that sentence.... WHACK upside my head with pumpkin guts. As he giggles with his little ornery boy laugh I looked a t him and it was on. Colby and I proceeded to have a pumpkin gut fight in the kitchen ignoring the fact that there were a few innocent bi standards around. Once we stop, Colby whispers to me how he is going to get dad. Oh little man, not a good idea. He did it anyway and round two begun. Once we were done, he volunteered a shower (apparently he didn't like being dirty or the way he felt since he doesn't like taking showers). As he tip toes over the mess, Rodney grabs him, takes him down and stuffs pumpkin guts into his clothes (round three) and I proceed to get gobs of the gooey innards and plop them on Rodney's head and stuff them down his shirt. While Colby was showering and everyone else went off to carve their pumpkin, I got to take that look in the kitchen where it dawns on me.... "Um look what you started and who do you think is going to clean it up?" So, I mopped everything up and went to my "carving station". No matter how big the mess, it was so much fun and the mess truly didn't even bother me. It was a memory I will definitely cherish forever. It's kind of funny to see your kid's skin turn orange from having so much pumpkin on him. I hope your carving is as fun as our. Happy Harvest, Halloween and Fall Fun from our family to yours!

No comments: