Monday, March 15, 2010

The little things in life that can make a girl so happy!

When we moved into our new house in November one of the things on the top of our "to-do" list was to get a toilet into the half bath that is in our bedroom. Well, after pulling up the trim, putting down a skim coat and then laying the new floor tiles we took off the cap on the floor for the toilet and there was no plumbing to attach the toilet to. As I'm sure you can imagine, I was so bummed and even more bummed when my husband told me he would have to cut out part of the floor (that I just finished spending the afternoon putting down the flooring on) in order to do the plumbing. After a month or two went by he had a Saturday that he and a friend were able to finally get in there and do just that. The next day I painted new trim, relayed the flooring and then put down the trim. Now all that it needs is for my hubby to put in the toilet. He did a couple days later and I am shocked how excited I am to have a toilet in my bedroom bath. It's so nice! I can even sneak away and shut the door and actually pee in peace for once. If it isn't one of my kids either walking in or beating on the door, then it's my dog, seriously people can't a girl potty in peace. Yes!, she can in the far back corner of her half bath tucked away in her bedroom!!!!!! WHOO!!!


1 comment:

Mrs Sling said...

Lovin the new look!! Very springy!! You are going to have to teach me how to my my own button. That just looks like fun! Love ya!