Thursday, December 10, 2009

The halls are decked!

The Saturday after Thanks Giving I went to do my annual church decorating which normally leaves me so tired that I don't want to come home and decorate my own home however this year I was ready to keep on going.
We got the tree up and this year we have a country tree all decked with natural ornaments, some choice themed ones and even....
a Bethleham barn star.
My little primitive house got a couple trees in front of it and a Santa just below it. I love this Santa as he is new and I made him just a couple weeks before we moved.
The top of the entertainment center holds out Nativity, some photos and hidden is a pine scented candle on a warmer for added ombiance.
The shelf above our couch just had a few mice added to it, a country Christmas sign, a peace sign and a little tree that holds all the "first" ornaments of my kids.
This is our snow flake which at the time was the only one around and the advent cabinet full of M&M's below.
We added our other count down to our shelf along with Mickey and Minnie.
I leaned my candy cane wreath against my stool with a plate for carrots for the reindeer and another country santa.
Then down in the living room is a light up wreath, our banister lined with greenery and lights with our stockings hanging from it. We also have a wreath on the front door and another jingle wreath on the inside on the garage door that comes into the living room.
We are quite pleased with hw decorated it is as well as cozy. No we are just counting down those days that to kids seem to be so long and in the mean time they seem to be goofing off......

1 comment:

Mrs Sling said...

I just love your new home!! It is so warm and home-y you guys have done so much!! Hope you enjoy all the firsts there and have a special Christmas!! Hugs! Christine