Thursday, March 19, 2009

Dakotah's Special Quilt

So, what makes this quilt special.... aside from it being homemade? Well, for those who know Dakotah you may have an idea and those who don't know him, you will learn some key things about him. As mentioned in my previous post before Madi's thumbs up, Dakotah's birthday is St. Patrick's Day thus the clover fabrics and the mostly green theme. Now for the black "sashing" which is the fabric between the green blocks, that fabric is space fabric. Dakotah is a boy after my own heart when it comes to his love for space. The dog that is on this quilt may look like just an ordinary dog, but for Dakotah it is his very favorite stuffed animal which is the beagle e-pet and he has named his dog Dookie doo. Don't make me explain the name. Soooo, this quilt is Dookie doo on my very green spacey quilt. He really likes it and I am so happy he does.

This is one of my favorite patterns. I believe I have made about 5 or 6 of them and I have another in the works. It's called "There's a dog on my quilt", and seriously it is so simple... a beginner pattern I guess you would say and that is why I love it so. Good results every time, so much fun and really endless possibilities. I am in the process of trying to turn the dog into a cat. I hope you all enjoy and I am going to post an all exclusive quilt post soon, so be on the look out for it.

No comments: